This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase using our links, we may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you, and it will help us keep running the site. Check Disclaimer here.
We can realize that a lot of changes are coming our way in the next decade. No matter where you are in life, a lot of things happen in ten years. So, Let’s plan all the places and things we want to accomplish, whether it is in the next decade or 2020. Here are my 8 best vacation spots for 2020 or the next decade.
Best Vacation Spots for 2020
Turkey is one of the most unique and beautiful countries and the meeting point between Eastern Europe and West Asia. The Greek, Roman, Persian, Ottoman, and Bizantine empires determined what is today Turkey’s rich culture. As proof of their influence, there are numerous religious monuments and archeological sites to enjoy and admire today.
Best Places to Visit in Turkey
For me, the most exciting places to visit in Turkey are Istambul, Capadoccia, Pamukkale, and Antalya.
Best Time to Visit Turkey
Although Turkey is considered a year-round destination, everybody likes to visit it during summertime from mid-June through mid-September.
I would choose Spring or Fall to visit Turkey. Istambul and Capadoccia are better to visit in May or October, and Antalya in April or November. Temperatures are more pleasant during Spring and Autumn, and they fluctuate between 76 and 86 F with gentle winds. It is not a high season; therefore, you’ll find better prices on accommodations and fewer crowds.
- Turkey’s currency is the Lira, but Euros are accepted. Choosing Lira will be the best to get great deals.
- You can use credit and debit cards in Turkey. The most accepted are Visa and MasterCard.
- You can take any amount of cash into Turkey, but you’ll have to sign a declaration form for amounts over 10,000 Euros.
- Prices for meals in Turkey can vary depending on the place you choose to eat. Fast food and street markets are cheaper than sit-down restaurants, and breakfast is inexpensive compare to lunch or dinners. Taking these into account, I would estimate an average of $60 to $70 per day. This amount includes two meals a day, transportations, site tickets, etc.
- Prices for hotels vary depending on location. The average cost for accommodations is between $49 to $79 per night.
With thousands of Islands in its territory, Greece is considered the cradle of modern civilization. Greece is the birthplace of Democracy; famous artists such as Myron and Phidias, philosophers like Plato, Aristotle, and Pythagoras. And today, Greece is internationally known for products such as Olives and Olive oil, and the delicious Feta cheese.
Best Places to Visit in Greece
Everywhere you go in Greece is unique and gorgeous. I would spend at least a minimum of 3 days in Athens to sightseeing everything with zero stress. After that, I would visit the Islands, and some of my choices are Santorini, Mykonos, Naxos, and Crete. If you are traveling with your significant other, Santorini will be just perfect. If you are traveling with family and kids, Naxos will be great.
The ideal time to spend in Greece would be a minimum of 10 days, dedicating three days in Athens, and I’d spend four days in Santorini, and spread the rest to any other island.
Best Time to Visit Greece
Greece is great from April to June or from September to early October. July and August are the hottest, busiest, and most expensive months in Greece.
But if your budget is tight, the off-season in Greece starts in October until April. Keep in mind that during off-seasons, many of the fun activities shut down, and some of the best restaurants close their doors.
Check Accommodations in Santorini, Greece here
- The actual currency in Greece is the Euro.
- Visa and MasterCard are accepted, but small businesses, coffee shops, and restaurants do not accept credit cards. Travel and personal checks are considered cash.
- You can bring into Greece as much cash as you want, but any amount over ten thousand has to be declared.
Located in the Northwest of Italy, Cinque Terre is a popular tourist destination that includes beautiful villages such as Monterosso al Mare, Vernazza, Corniglia, Manarola, and Riomaggiore.
Best Places to Visit in Cinque Terre
We have two options; wearing very comfortable shoes to ramble around the five villages or we can take the train, saving time in between communities, explore, take pics, visit locals markets, beaches, and eat excellent Italian food.
Best Time to Visit Cinque Terre
Depending on your travel style, you can choose when to visit Cinque Terre. If you like water sports and the beach, the best time is in Summer, and that would be from mid-May to Mid-September. Summers are the busiest months of the year and the most expensive.
I would visit it between March and April or September and October because I love to hike, be able to enjoy long walks with great weather, I want to move inside the city without bumping into hundreds of tourists, and get great deals on accommodations.
- The official currency is the Euro
- Credit Cards such as Visa and MasterCard are accepted, but some restaurants, small shops, and even hotels may not take them.
- If you are looking for ATMs, ask for a “Bancomat.” Beware of the fees that can reach up to $10.
Although Taiwan’s political status remains uncertain, It is a fact that you’ll find great and unusual things to do in Taiwan. Its capital Taipei is home to the most fantastic street markets you could visit, museums, Sun Moon Lake, out of this world bubble tea, and the list goes on and on.
Best Places to Visit in Taiwan
Its capital offers a variety of things to do, so I’d go to Taipei, Gueishan Island, Yilan, Sun Moon Lake, and Taroko National Park. Check everything that Taiwan has to offer here.
Best Time to Visit Taiwan
Traveling on a budget will be best to visit from December to March. The best weather goes from April to June or September to November. Get affordable accommodations here.
- The official currency in Taiwan is the Taiwanese Dollar TWD.
- It is better to have enough cash to buy food and make any purchase.
- Visa and MasterCard are accepted by mid-range and high-end hotels, and cheap hotels you have to pay in cash. You can get some money from the ATMs.
Morocco is a northern African country bordering the Atlantic Ocean and the Mediterranean Sea. A trip to Morocco delivers to travelers a new experience with authentic Moroccan flavored meals, fantastic palaces, and generous people.
Best Places to Visit in Morocco
The Blue City Chefchaouen, it is considered the most beautiful city and its old medina is a paradise for photography lovers. Asilah It is a small town on the Atlantic coast between Tangier and Rabat, and it has mainly Portuguese influences. Ifrane in the middle of the Atlas Mountains. Essaouira, the most popular coastal. Meknes the “City of the hundred minarets.” Rabat, Tinehir, Todra Jorge, and Marrakesh; the imperial city listed as one of the most important cultural centers in Morocco.
Best Time to Visit Morocco
Morocco delivers its most fabulous weather and prices during spring and fall. Spring from March to May. Fall from September to October. You can visit the coastal areas at any time of the year. Get deals on accommodations here.
- The official currency in Morocco is the Dirham. The code for Dirhams is MAD, and commonly abbreviated Dh.
- Some areas in Morocco accept Euros, Dollars, and Sterling.
- You will always find a better rate of exchange in Morocco.
- Visa and MasterCard are accepted, but having cash is also recommended.
- ATMs are not easy to find.
Internationally known by its vibrant red wines, volcanos, earthquakes, and locally named “country of poets,” Chile is considered a New Economically-Developed Country in South America with thousands of reasons to visit it.
Best Places to Visit in Chile
Best Time to Visit Chile
Here comes a piece of great news; Chile has four seasons, and summer starts in December until February. Why is this great? Because, when America and Europe are in winter, we can all go to Chile to have fun and enjoy sunny skies. Although, the area of the Atacama desert is a year-round destination. Find great deals on accommodations here.
- Chilean Peso (CLP) is the official currency.
- We have to exchange our money for the Chilean Peso in local banks or Foreign Exchange Bureaus.
- Chile is an economically-developed country, and It’s not inexpensive.
Portugal is gorgeous. It has a rich culture and history with medieval castles, UNESCO world heritage buildings everywhere, golden beaches, traditional desserts, fantastic food, and breathtaking views. And guess what, Portugal is an inexpensive destination, even cheaper than Greece.
The Best Places to Visit
Best Time to Visit Portugal
The best time to enjoy the beaches in Portugal is in summer, which it’s the most popular time of the year. But if your goal is to avoid crowds, sightseeing, and get better prices on accommodations, spring and autumn will be the best. The best choices would be from March to early June, or September to mid-November.
- The official currency is the Euro.
- Visa, MasterCard, and America Express are widely accepted.
- You will find ATMs to get cash everywhere.
- You can take any amount of cash to the country, but you’ll have to declare anything equal or above 10.000 Euros.
- There is no tipping culture in Portugal, but it’s your choice to do so.
And last but not least, there is the country of Albania. It is located in eastern Europe, near Montenegro, Kosovo, North Macedonia, and Greece. If you didn’t know about it, let me tell you that I didn’t either, but what I heard is that Albania is a fantastic, and inexpensive country to visit, it’s safe with lots of entertainment and no crowds. Din Din Din! That’s why it is on my bucket list.
The Best Places to Visit
Himara Beach, Kruja, Berat, Shkodra, Durres, Himare, and Sarande.
Best Time to Visit Albania
Generally, Albania has excellent weather. Summers run from July to August, and it’s the busiest season. You can find affordable accommodations year-round.
- The official currency is the Albanian lek, although the Euro is widely accepted.
- To get great deals, make sure to have the Albanian Lek
- Albania is not expensive.
- Nice hotels are NOT expensive.
Portugal, Chile, and Morocco are already checked on the list. I can’t wait to choose my next destination. If you like my list or have visited any of the countries listed above, let us know in the comments below.